Here are answers to commonly asked questions about our products including:
- how to access your digital downloads and/or courses
- how to edit our printables
- how to print our products for personal use
- recommended resources (printing, crafting, etc)
Note: As a small business, we are only able to provide general tips to help with common technical issues and cannot answer specific questions about software or hardware compatibility, or provide any personal assistance.
We hope these tips are of help, but if you are still having issues, you can turn to Google or Youtube for additional resources. Thank you for your understanding!
HOW TO ACCESS DIGITAL DOWNLOADS:
After completing your purchase you will also receive an email with your receipt and a link to access your digital product(s). Please keep for your records.
First, make sure you are accessing files from a desktop or laptop computer. Most mobile devices such as phones and ipads, do not allow for downloading through a link.
Your products will be sent using a compressed .zip file. To unzip a ZIP file:
Save the .zip file to your computer, right-click and select, "Extract All." This will create a new file on your computer in which you can open. Then, add the file to iCloud or Dropbox to get the files on your mobile device. Occasionally, apps on your browser may interfere with downloading. If this is the case, please open a new browser and try again.
If you attempt to download on a mobile device, you may need a free app to unzip the product. This will allow you to unzip the folder to access it. Another solution available on some mobile devices is to long hold the zipped file icon and then click, "Extract." If neither of these options work, try downloading again from a desktop or laptop computer.
If you can't find the file once it's downloaded, try looking in "Downloads" under "My Computer" or search the title of the file on your computer to see where it has been saved to.
For files in PDF format: If your particular computer or mobile device does not have a PDF reader of some sort on it, you'll need one to view the items. Adobe Reader is the most common one. Download here for free.
For craft cutting files: You must have the appropriate software and/or cutting machine to use the SVG, PNG, or DXF files included in your purchase. In addition, please note the following:
- The software used to create these SVG files may sometimes have trouble communicating with Cricut Design Space, Silhouette Studio, or other cutting machine’s proprietary software.
- All SVG files have been tested on our computer and upload fine, but it may be the case that the file will upload with elements scattered in different areas of your design canvas.
- Unfortunately, there is no solution for this issue, which companies like Cricut are aware of. Your best bet is to manually reposition the elements on your canvas with your mouse or arrow keys.
- Since we also provide other file formats in your download, you may be able to find a workaround by uploading a different version of the design (such as in PNG) and going from there.
HOW TO ACCESS COURSES:
Some of our products come with course lessons. Immediately after you complete your purchase, you will receive an email with instructions to set your password on our secure course platform. Follow the prompts to create your account so you may access the video and/or audio content.
HOW TO EDIT OUR PRINTABLES:
Note: NOT all files are editable; please check the product listing if the printable(s) you are purchasing can be edited. Also, only certain text parts of the printable may be modified; graphics, background, or size cannot be edited.
- Open your printable in Adobe Reader. Your computer may automatically open the PDF in a different program. To ensure that it is open in the correct program, right click on the file, select "Open With" and "Adobe Reader"
- You must edit on a desktop or laptop computer. You cannot edit on a tablet or phone.
- Only text that is bound by a blue box may be edited. Note that the blue box serves as an editing guide and will not be visible on the final print out.
- Use Command-E (Mac) or Control-E (Windows) to change the text's color, size or font.
- When you are happy with your edits, save your modified printable by going to "File" then "Save As" or print directly from your home printer by going to "File" then "Print." See the next section for more tips on printing.
When you purchase a product that can be edited, we provide a guide with more detailed instructions on how to make edits to your printable.
HOW TO PRINT OUR PRODUCTS:
For best results, use 110lb white cardstock or paper for colored text and graphics or 110lb white/colored cardstock for black text and graphics.
- Printing at Home (recommended)
- When you are ready to print on your inkjet or laser printer, go to "File" then "Print"
- Select "Best/High" for Print Quality
- Set scale to "100%" or "Actual Size"
- Do not print double-sided
- Printing In-Store
- Save your files on a USB flash drive to take to your local printing shop, such as Office Max/Office Depot, Staples or Kinko's
- For best results, use an office printing service; quality is not guaranteed if you attempt to print through a photo lab
- You may need to convert your PDF file to a JPG, which can be done online for free
- Printing Online
- Uploading editable PDF files to an online printing service may not transfer all the information properly. You may need to convert your PDF file to a JPG, which can be done online for free.
*Below are affiliate links to products or services. We may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting our small business!
- White Cardstock*
- Prints of Love* - They offer fast, high quality yet affordable printing with free 2-3 day U.S. shipping and free envelopes
- Paper Trimmer*
- Cricut* or Silhouette* cutting machine
HOW TO CONTACT US:
Please email us at: hello(a)penandpapermade.com